Saturday, August 24, 2013

B's 2nd birthday party

B's not *2* for four more days - but today we celebrated his two amazing years of life with some good friends and family.
 
Two years. How can that be!? Sometimes I hear him talking or watch him coloring and I just cannot believe that my sweet tiny babe is all ready a walking, talking, busy two-year-old.
 
But he is.
 
And let's be honest.
 
It's freaking awesome.
 
Babies are cute and all, but toddlers and preschoolers are just fun and hilarious.
 
We started out our day with breakfast at our local co-op. They both needed sunglasses before venturing outside, of course.
 
 

I didn't spend half as much time on B's party as I have the four previous birthday parties that have gone on in this house. Call me terrible, but I'm okay with it. And B had chocolate cupcakes, so I'm pretty sure he was okay with it, too.

I kept food uber simple. Cucumber and cheese sandwiches, almond garlic chicken bites, cucumbers and tomatoes, cheese cubes, raspberries, blueberries, and apples. And of course, cupcakes. Chocolate and vanilla honey. And only J seemed to notice or complain that the chocolate were gluten free, so I call it a success!

 
 
 

Our coffee bar became the drink bar, complete with cucumber water (can you tell we've had a lot of cucumbers in our garden this year?), black raspberry sage tea, cherry lemonade, and juice boxes. Plus snack robots. Because who doesn't want a snack robot?

 
You know this is ridiculous and adorable all at the same time!
 
So the theme was robots and then B decided he wanted trains, too. So we had a Thomas balloon and piñata. We like to keep the birthday boy happy 'round here.
 


 
Of course, our smallest guests need a treat too! H and B put the bags together all by themselves (though Momma might have added the tags at the end).
 


B decided he wasn't keen on wearing clothes. Never mind Momma made him a robot romper just for this day. He was having none of it. So he wore a pull-up all day (and getting him into that instead of wearing his train chonies took some cajoling. I was afraid he'd be too busy and have an accident - but per typical, I was wrong. I just need to listen to my kids when they say "no" and trust they know their bodies - which they do!).


As soon as the first guest arrived, B went for the cupcakes. He held out as long as he could!


Papa held the pull string piñata when the time came.




This girl is just so dang beautiful.


B was more than pleased to find chocolate in the piñata!




B was pleased with his "water sticker" from Aunt B.


H was more than happy to help baby B open his gifts.
 

 
And after everyone left, B didn't last too long before passing out on Papa while reading books.
 

 
 
All in all, it was a great party. The kids had a blast, and really, that's all that matters.
 
I still can't believe my tiny boy is 2.
 
Two.
 
I am blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment