Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'd rather give birth than have the stomach flu

Seriously, I'd rather push a 9lb baby out naturally again than to have the stomach flu. Hands down, any day. I choose child birth over the stomach flu.

I'm never sick. Ever.

Fortunately, my children are not either. We have, semi-knowingly, been exposed to stomach viruses several times throughout my children's lives. Thus far, they've never gotten them. And I hadn't either until last night.

Dear God, I deserve a baby after all that. Just sayin'.

But this is definitely one of those moments that make me go " oh , crap! I'm so not ready for parenthood."

1.) I got lucky. Both kids actually slept through it all. But I haven't a clue what I'd have done all alone if they were awake during the worst of it.

2.) Omg, if they'd been the pukers, it'd be a vomit-fest, for real. I'm a sympathetic puker. Even to myself sometimes.

3.) Now that they're awake and I'm exhausted and still unwell, what do I do with them? It's not like they can feed them selves or B can change his own diaper, or they can remotely be trusted not to destroy the house we are in (B is currently taking all the wipes out of their package and shredding them...).

Yeah, I'd much rather give birth than deal with the stomach flu. I know how to deal with that. And there is an awesome reward at the end. All I get when this blows over is a flat stomach for a day until I rehydrated and eating normally again.

No comments:

Post a Comment