Sunday, July 7, 2013

Shoes do crazy things to you

Who knew something as simple as buying shoes could make me a little emotional?

I certainly didn't.

It's a bit crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I like my shoes. A ton. And both of my kids do, too. They definitely come by it honestly.

They also honestly come by their detestment for actually wearing shoes.

I have claustrophobic feet.

Something I've obviously passed on to my children.

But I digress...

While in Disney World I noticed B's shoes were starting to look a little snug. I tried holding my breath, pretending it weren't so, but it didn't seem to matter.

By the time we arrived home his shoes were officially too small.

So on the 4th of July we bought B the exact same pair of tennis shoes (is that right? I so say "tena-shoes" but I think that's made up...) that he was all ready wearing. Only in a bigger size. I'm a bit partial to those particular shoes.

Then today we took him to get some more summer-y shoes since we still have many warm days left (hopefully, anyway!).

I couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic about my growing boy. It seems like only yesterday I held him in my arms for the first time. That I tried dressing him in his first footed sleeper only to discover that baby Big Foot could not wear most footed sleepers - his feet were too big!

And now here he is, wearing the same size shoe as his big sister (and wearing 4 clothing sizes smaller, haha!).

I knew he'd outgrow her eventually. Both in foot size and eventually in height, weight, and clothing sizes, too (but that's still to come). That's pretty typical of boys. I just wasn't expecting it all ready.

It seems like another blazing sign that my baby boy is growing into a little boy. He talks and runs and climbs and jumps. He has no issue voicing his likes and dislikes. He runs to his sister when other kids are mean to him and demands she, "C'mon!" while he takes her by the hand to be his protector. He climbs up into his car seat all by himself and he has a favorite television show ("Gup-gup-guppies!" as he says it). He has books he prefers over others, and he's very territorial of all things chocolate. He eats with a fork and spoon.

And now he's got the same sized feet as his big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment