Friday, November 28, 2014

Life is good.

It's been a long while.

It's time to start thinking about Christmas.

We'd been planning on a nice, quiet Christmas with our little quartet (much like our Thanksgiving just was) but now we've made plans to go North (insane, right!?) to spend time with the fam-jam. So we are excited - the kids can hardly contain themselves. Tell them they get to spend a week with their cousin this far in advanced and it's no wonder they're going bonkers.

J's been gone a lot, and is basically gone until Christmas at this point. As is life. We have a million things to do to stay busy per usual. And really, I cannot complain, because he was here Wednesday night, precisely 10 hours after B had ingested copious amount of milk and we had the delightful reminder of just how dairy sensitive he is as he vomited it all over our bed. Yay for easy-remove bed protectors though. H didn't even wake up from the whole ordeal and I didn't have to do anything but pull off a puke-covered t-shirt and B and I snuggled back to sleep while J dealt with the mess. So brownie points for being here when it counts, ha.

The kids are enjoying their ice-skating lessons. Okay, truthfully, H is annoyed she cannot yet perfectly "dance" on the ice, and B just wants to do hockey (where the heck did he learn about that!?). I told B he has to be able to stand on the ice and not crawl on it like a polar bear (yep, I've got that amazing kid) and then we can discuss it. H says she wants to play hockey if B plays hockey. Good times around here are in our future, I foresee.

I scroogingly (yes, I just made up that word) declared we were not buying a Christmas tree this year since we weren't going to be home for Christmas. Joke was on me. Not only did we buy a lovely Christmas tree - we bought TWO! H insisted for an H and B-sized tree that they could decorate without a stool. Why it is imperative they need not a stool, I'm unsure, but it was. So alas, there is a tiny little tree in our breakfast room that made my kids happier than icing - so that's freaking ecstatic.

Now they are eagerly helping to wrap all of the Christmas presents. Who knew such a things was so exciting?

I've recently taken over as head of a volunteering organization, and that has been really fun and kept me on my toes. And busy. B has loved coming and helping me get things sorted.

I've loved having them all to myself this week. It sounds silly, I'm sure, since H is only in school until noon, and B only twice a week, but I've loved having them all day every day. I've loved being busy with them and getting back into our old routines of mini day trips to Indy and long mornings reading. I've missed them, in some weird way.

Things are just so good and beautiful, and my heart is so full every moment that I look at those two little progenies of mine, or that ridiculously handsome husband of mine. Life is good.









No comments:

Post a Comment