Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A few pictures and a few photography lessons for me to remember

On the way to the library yesterday afternoon I told the kids we were going to stop off at the FS mall since they were wearing their matching gingerbread outfits (their choice) and the mall is done up so beautifully for Christmas. (You may or may not be able to tell in the pics, but I happened to make these outfits at the end of August. Baaaaad idea. Mr. B has grown a toooon since then. I had to add red cuffs to the bottom of his pants and they're only barely long enough. And I didn't even think about the waist, but I also need to go in and make a new, higher, waistband so they're not such low-waist pants on him, ha!)

I learned three important things on this endeavor.

1.) The lighting in there is terrible.

2.) I do not have the proper lens, etc., to work with such awful lighting and make it look great. (Note to self: Do some research. Figure out what is needed to remedy the lighting issue so next year we can try again.)

3.) White is never a good color to wear in photographs. Ever. But especially in bad lighting. (Obviously that wasn't something I was thinking of when the kids chose gingerbread fabric and I paired it with white...)

Anyway. Here is what salvageable. At least they had fun and my little models make anything awesome.




This might be one of my favorite pics of Miss H. But it was taken in another area where there was good light...and subsequently not the adorable decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment