Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Love Marks

Today was the first time my children noticed my stretch marks.

Or at least the first time they commented on them.

"You got owie?" B asked, pointing at the marks on my hips this morning.

"Nope. Not owie. That's just a part of me," I told him.

"How dat happen?" he asked.

"I got them from being pregnant with you and H," I answered.

"Oh."

"What are they?" H piped in.

"They're my...love marks."

"Love marks? You get those from having babies?"

"Yep," I nodded. "My whole body just loved being pregnant with you that it made special marks to remember it forever."

H smiled. "That's really neat. Will I get them when I have babies, too?

I nodded. "Probably."

"Yes! I can't wait!"

And that is how you love your "imperfections."

No comments:

Post a Comment