Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Goodness. I feel like so much has happened since I last posted, I don't even know where to start!

So I will just start with today.

Happy Mother's Day!

I am so fortunate to be surrounded by so many amazing mothers! I gain so much wisdom from them. They surround me with such love. I couldn't have asked for a better village.

And of course I thank God daily for the two amazing miracles that made me a momma twice over.

I had no idea I could find my true calling in life by simply being a mom.

I chuckled this past weekend when my great-uncle said to me, "When are you going back to school?"

"To school for what?" I asked. "I have the best job in the world being a mom."

"You're a smart girl. You need to go back to school."

"School will always be there," I told him, smiling so fiercely he probably thought I was crazy. "These two amazing tiny people will only be so little and need me for so long. There is nothing in the world I'd rather be doing. How lucky am I, that I have the ability and intelligence to do anything in the world I could ever desire, and I get the privilege of doing exactly what I want. Just being a mom."

"You're happy," was all the more he said.

It used to really frustrate me when people asked when I'd go back to school. Or would state, not so politely, "You're just a mom?!" or "Wow, you've thrown your life away." (Yes! I've been told that more than once!).

Now it doesn't phase me. I just realize that those people have either never experience parenthood, or it didn't turn out to be their passion like it is mine. And that's okay.

I don't understand how my husband finds being an engineer enjoying, and I'd never want to do that every day. But it makes him happy. And I'd never think less than of him for it.

But I digress...

This morning my sweet babes brought me breakfast in bed at 8am. I'd like to say I slept until then, but that'd be a lie, ha. But I did just sort of lounge in bed half-asleep from 6:30-8. So that was enough.

We had lunch at my favorite little French restaurant down the street from us. And then walked through campus. The kids collected caterpillars, totally freaked out grown adults by how many they had at times, stomped through the creek, and then gladly rode home in the stroller before we headed over to get some gardening stuff. We grilled out for dinner, and voila! Day is over.

Crazy how quickly time flies when you're having fun.

And man, I am having fun! Every single day. I'm so freaking blessed. I love mommyhood.

Anyway, I'll wrap this up with a slew of pictures of adorable little people.

 B is super into getting his photo taken these days!
 


 They were really into having a group photo until the lady we asked to take one was about to click. Then it just went crazy...
 


 My heart. These two are simply my heart.
 
 She so badly wanted her photo taken with this statue.
 
 Caterpillars!
 

 She's the caterpillar whisperer.
 



 So gorgeous...
 
So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment