Sunday, October 12, 2014

Aruba, Aruba!

We finally went on a much needed family vacation. It has been too long.

 
The kids were gems on the long flights. I had purchased some clearance out aquadoodles a few months ago which turned out to be the right pick for H. She is really into spelling, so she'd have me tell her a random word and sound it out and spell it. And she's getting pretty damn at spelling!

We were super fortunate that my parents were able to go with us to Aruba. The kids (and J and I, of course!) adore them, and always have a great time with them! J and I would chuckle during the times when my dad and step-mom would have one kid with them, leaving us with only one child, about how easy one kid is. Oh, how quickly that is forgotten. Ha!

Most of our time was spent on the beach or in the pool, or feeding the iguanas. But we did venture around the island and see and so much! We also took the Jolly Pirate out for snorkeling the Antilla and rope swinging off the ship. They were so impressed that H and B even tried to snorkel, let alone were completely successful at doing so. They said they had children come along often, but none as young as them ever attempted to snorkel.

The week went by far too quickly. H was not impressed with cold we met once home. They're both itchin' to go back. And I am too. Though truthfully, I have zero desire to ever fly again, which is surprising. But I'd rather drive any given day than fly. The kids are awesome travelers, but I just have a hard time being surrounded by that many rude people. It gets harder and harder to deal with stupidity the older I get. Alas, for some sun and family fun, I'd do just about anything!

I have over 1500 photos, but don't worry, I'm not going to post that many! But here is a peek at our adventure (and still way too many photos!).




My brave girl swinging off the ship into the ocean!
 

 Ready to snorkel!
 
 Always a ham!
 

 I almost didn't post this because you know, I'm not a tiny person exactly, but then realized if ever my kids read this blog some day I don't want them to think I was even a tiny bit uncomfortable with the amazing body that created them.
 
 This boy was ALWAYS covered in sand. He'd plop right down and do "snow angels"!
 
Oh, how I love him!


My little tiger


Feeding iguanas.




Making sandcastles!

The way B looks at H always melts my heart.

B sharing the sand with Grandpa S.

My beautiful step-mom.









Feeding animals.



Oh, he kills me!


Those two monkeys make my heart so full!


Always the adventurous girl.


He stacked his own good luck rocks. 


I'm still not sure how such a beautiful girl, inside and out, came from J and I.



Water guns are not just for kids!



B took this picture and it cracks me up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment