Thursday, August 16, 2012

Our neighbors are green people.

It may sound crazy. But it's true. Our neighbors are green people. Miss H told me so.

I'm fairly certain this age is the best yet. The stuff Miss H comes up with cracks me up on like a minutely basis. (Is "minutely" a word?).

She woke up at 6am, my little alarm clock. The first thing she asked was if Grandpa J could come over. And then she asked like a bajillion and two times after that so at noon I texted him and asked if he'd come see H after work. Of course, he said yes.

So shortly before he was due to arrive Miss H used the restroom. She came out holding her chonies (this is totally Spanish slang, so I have no idea how to spell it). But then she saw our Flat Stanely book about baseball that we got from the library, and I was only half paying attention as she decided to "pitch" her underwear. So a few minutes later when I realized she was still naked I told her she needed to put her chonies on before Grandpa got there.

So what did she do?

As we stood in the kitchen, she cupped her hands around her mouth and started yelling, "Chonies! Chonies! Where are you? Donde esta, chonies! Chonies, come here!" Because, you know, her chonies were obviously just going to walk up to her and put themselves on. I just about died laughing. She was very serious.

So we ventured to the playroom for new chonies and I saw a car coming up the road. At first I thought it was Grandpa J, but then it turned into our neighbors driveway.

H said, "Oh, it's the green people."

"The green people?" I asked.

"Our neighbors. The green people."

"They're not green," I told her, laughing because I couldn't help it.

"They're green," she said matter-of-factly. She walked over to her large wooden bead set and picked up one green bead. "Verde, Momma. Green. This is green."

"I know what color green is," I laughed.

"Our neighbors are green people."

"Where in the world did you come up with that?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "They're just green people."

Yep, this is my favorite age yet!

But let me not overlook baby B. He's sweet and lovey and great, too! His big thing right now is walk up to the stove and reach his hands up like he's going to push the buttons, and then jerk them down quickly and start laughing hysterically.

That and he likes to smoosh H. If she's sitting in a chair or on the ground, he loves to just come up and sit on top of her. Fantastic. Luckily, she's typically a pretty good sport about it.

And his melt-my-heart thing he has started doing is taking his chubby little hands and putting them on each of my cheeks, and then proceeding to kiss me on the lips. Seriously, this boy melts me.

And to think I used love babies, and think after they got to a year they weren't as much fun. Ha! That was so totally before I had my own kiddos. Now they just get better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment