Saturday, August 11, 2012

She needs a Charlie

Miss H wants a dog. Like, it’s killing her, she wants one so bad.

Okay, she really wants a Charlie. Some of my dear, sweet friends visited this past week, and K brought her dog Charlie. Miss H is in love. She loves all animals, especially dogs. But Charlie stole her heart.

She cried when he left. It just about broke my heart. If I didn’t have some brains in my head I would have gone out and gotten her a puppy right then. I seriously thought about it. But common sense prevailed. Hallelujah.

So I’ve been subjected to her drawing pictures of Charlie and telling me that she misses him and he’s so soft and she needs to give him besos and hugs. And doesn’t Charlie want a treat? She wants to get him the colored treats since they don’t hurt his belly.

I lament the day I have to clean up after an animal that I didn’t give birth to. I hate the idea of potty training something that does not walk on just two legs. The nasty animal hair that will litter my house makes me want to vomit without it even being here.

And yet I’m sure when that inevitable day comes, I’ll still have to smile, because my babes seem to so genuinely love animals. And what makes them happy seems to make me happy, even if I don’t share that passion.

At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment