Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hold your babes a little tighter tonight.

In the past week I've had three friends, or friends of friends, lose their children. It really makes me want to pull my babies close to me and never let them go.

One sweet child was just a newborn who passed away from SIDS. A life lost before it had hardly began.

Another a 3 year old who was in a car accident with his momma. His momma walked away from the with hardly a scratch. I cannot even imagine what it was like to walk away without her dear boy in her arms.

And the third a sweet 5 year old who lost her battle with a terminal disease.

I can't even began to imagine these families grief. It breaks my heart. It makes me sit down and sob for these sweet angels; for their parents.

It makes me feel awful for being cross with my own sweet girl and not truly cherishing every second I am blessed with her. Or for scolding B for behaving wildly. You know, for treating my children like normal children. Which there is nothing wrong with.

But tonight I laid with each of them a little longer than I needed while they drifted into slumber land. I inhaled their sweet scents and truly thanked God for giving me two perfect, healthy, little miracles.

So give your babes an extra kiss tonight. Hold them just a little bit closer. Because we just never can be certain what tomorrow will hold.

1 comment:

  1. Prior to reading this, I felt compelled to snuggle Liam for most of the afternoon. Ignoring responsibilities and making a couple extra memories together on this random day. Now, I'm even happier I did.

    ReplyDelete