Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mesothelioma Awareness Day

Today is Mesothelioma Awareness Day.

If you're anything like I was up until a week ago, you're probably thinking: what's that?

Sure, I'd heard of the term in passing. I was pretty sure it was something cancer related. Then again, I assume all big words I don't know are cancer related.

I was contacted by an awesome mom, Heather, who shared her story with me. She is a mesothelioma survivor. She's been cancer-free for 7 years.

A lot of people diagnosed with mesothelioma aren't given much hope to live 7 months.

But Heather had a reason to live. A pretty damn good one.

Her sweet baby girl who was only 3.5 months old when she was diagnosed.

I planned to write a whole lot more about Heather and mesothelioma today, but things have been a little crazy and I'm all ready late to H's swim lessons, so I will leave you with this link: www.mesothelioma.com/heather/awareness/

Go read about Heather. Click over to her blog from this link. Hear her story. Her pain. Her victory. Her awesomeness.

She's an amazing woman. An amazing mom. And she's a survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment