Sunday, April 20, 2014

Crazy/Beautiful

Oh, this past week has been absolutely crazy.

Like when B pooped and then proceeded to put almost a whole roll of toilet paper into the toilet and then flush, which obviously clogged it. And then in the 20 seconds it took me to run down into the basement, after being explicitly clear that no one was to use or flush that toilet, H decided it was a perfect time to also poop in it...and then questioned why her bum was touching dirty toilet water. Oy vey!

Or when my deep freezer crapped out and I was surrounded by water and thawing food. And all this organic meat was going to be ruined and J was texting me, "Save the chile! Save summer!" and I just wanted to sit in the middle of it all and cry because oh.my.god! The meat!!!

Or when J then called me after midnight, wanting me to check things out on the freezer and when I walked into the mudroom a raccoon hissed at me from outside and I was fairly certain I was going to be mulled by a raccoon and likely get rabies.

But really, most of it was beautiful. Despite the crazy, it's all so freaking beautiful. Every single day I genuinely love my life. I love waking up and getting to spend the day with my two greatest loves. And you know, when the husband is around he's pretty fantastical, too. I just freaking love it so much that sometimes I feel like I will explode. I almost feel like it's unfair that I get to be this happy. All the time.

But I do. I just love it. Because it's beautiful. And crazy. Just fun.

We went to the zoo twice. First in tank tops and shorts. Then in snow gear. How's that for a week?

We ventured to Easter Egg Hunts and birthday parties and hotel swimming pools.

Today we spent the afternoon at a state park with Grandpa J and my Grandma M and it was freaking spectacular.

The kids played in the mud. And then played in the ice cold creak.

Crazy/beautiful, I tell you. Just crazy/beautiful.

But I will leave you with a copious amount of photos from this week, in chronological order. I tried to narrow it down, but really...these kids just rock!

First trip to the zoo in gorgeous weather!

This boy knows he always gets Dip N Dots at the zoo!
 
H took this. Yep, she's talented at everything, ha.
 
And she's got a love for flowers. Though we had to talk about leaving the "Wow" for others to enjoy.
 
Having a big sister to push  you is the best!
 
 
 
 
Action shot. Always an action shot!
 
 My absolutely silly kids!
 
2nd trip to the zoo. Up close and personal with the walruses.
 
Intruding on some mating rituals...
 
 Got to go swimming with some buddies and then go for a nice walk!

Birthday party for the BFF.
 

 
Easter festivities at the animal rescue center.
 
Egg hunt at the rescue center!
 
 
 Excited about their loot!

Easter morning before mass. (Outfit #1 for B).
 
Egg hunt at home.


 The mudscapades at the state part begin! (On outfit #2 for B. And to think I'd been worried abut the chocolate mess on the last one!)
 


 Just look at the great mud! The other parents were less than impressed, I think.
 
 

 This boy knows how to have fun!
 
 Isn't he to die for!?
 
Okay, so there will likely never be a picture where we all look normal, ha.
 


 Getting help with the water fountain from Great-Grandma M. You have to be pretty awesome to get "Great" status!
 

 Whoa! He realized that water is ice cold!!
 
Momma is brave enough to try anything!


Oh, that sassy thang!
 
 Big sister always has a helping hand.
 

 Yep, these two are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment