Friday, April 4, 2014

A week in review - H turned FOUR!

What a week we've had!

Sunday morning at 3am, I left with the kids to embark on the drive to MN. I had planned to leave whenever we woke up, but I wasn't sleeping well (surprise, surprise!) so I just tossed the babes in the car and took off.

Of course, I expected them to sleep, but they wanted to converse, so they stayed awake talking to me until nearly 5am. Then they dozed off.

Shortly before 6am I got the feeling that I was going to need oil. My car tends to go through a lot of it. So while I was trying to think if there was a container of it in trunk the oil light went on and I was in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

Gas stations do not operate 24 hours in the middle of nowhere.

So we took a detour and I had to wake up kids (because I'm too paranoid to leave them in the car, even when just running into a gas station). But once that was taken care of, we were good to go.

I told the kids the sun had to be up before they could watch movies. Turned out it didn't matter if there was sun or not, because the portable DVD player had met it's demise and was no longer an option.

It has a good run though. And put up with a lot from two raging toddlers during different trips. I cannot complain.

I stopped at three different Targets along the way, but none of them had portable DVD players that you can attach to the back of a seat. I have a feeling they're being phased out with the prevalence of tablets.

Despite that hiccup, we made it to my dad's

Shortly after we got there we ventured over to get the kids fishing poles, since my dad had told them last time he'd get them some. We have now have awesome light-up Princess and Spider-man fishing poles, ha. They are very delighted.

Monday we officially celebrated Miss H's 4th birthday. I have a four year old!

This is what a FOUR year old looks like!
 
My older sister M came up, as well as my cousin and her four kiddos and we all went to the Mall of America with my dad and step-mom. The kids rode rides all morning until our lunch reservation at the American Girl Store.

Ready for the day, like a knight!
 
My big sis and I!
 
Driving!
 
 
Grandma cuddles!
 
Grandpa says he doesn't like rides, but he seemed to go on every single one with B! He was obviously upset. ;-)
 
Lunch was really delicious, and the waitress was phenomenal. H was absolutely tickled pink that she got to eat with her babies. And her dolls got teacups and saucers and crowns to take home. And H and my cousin's daughter got goody bags with doll shirts and a book.

Birthday girl!
 
 
 
After lunch H decided she wanted the Isabelle doll for her birthday, since Isabelle is a ballerina. We bought some accessories and books and then moved onto the Disney store where M bought H a Sofia the First dress and crown and amulet. Then we finished off the day at the Lego store, which is becoming the newest obsession around here.

 
Loot!

I think H certainly had an awesome birthday! And we were so happy so many people could celebrate it with us!!

 
 
Pixi rocking H's amulet.
 
Princess Sofia!
 
Tuesday we ventured to an awesome indoor playground and then went out for lunch. When we returned home my little brother B was there and my B immediately got buddy-buddy with him.

 
 
 

 

 
 
Wednesday we visited a friend and her adorable two munchkins and went to play in M's classroom (she's a 4th grade teacher). The kids thought that that was pretty awesome.

 
Spelling her name with floam.
 
Comfy chair for story time!
 
 
Playing pick up sticks with Uncle T's mom.
 
Cuddling while watching TV.
 
We left to come back home Thursday morning. The drive was long, but we purchased a new DVD player, so that helped.

My dad beat us back to Indiana as my grandma is in the ICU.

Anyway, we are for sure glad to be home. For a few weeks anyway before we're off on our next adventure. Maybe the biggest one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment