Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Whines

Please, please, please. If anyone has a good cure for a serious case of the whines, please share it with me before I love my ever loving mind over here!

Everything is whine-worthy. I want an orange. No, not that orange. That orange is too small. That orange is too big. That orange isn’t orange enough, whatever that means.

I need water. That water is too hot. That water is too cold. I need a different cup. I don’t like this cup. You’re really making me sad, Momma.

Of course, if I ask her to do something simple she freaks out. Then baby B decides to do the something simple (i.e., pick up those two blocks, please) and then it is The. End. Of. The. World.

No matter what I do, cater to her, ignore her, etc., we always get an epic meltdown to follow-up all the whining.

I feel like I’m saying, “Miss H, I don’t understand whining….use nice words…be nice…we don’t speak like that in this family….I can’t understand you…if you need something you need to use nice words…” and then finally, “STOP IT!”

And I get all the time, You can do it! I don’t want to, Momma! You can throw it away! Ayudame! Help me! No! I can’t!

Seriously…this needs to end. I love her. I do. But holy cow, I am just not woman enough to deal with this. I try to be patient. I try to only speak to her the way I want to be spoken to. But dear God!

I want to hide under a rock.

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment