Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chocolate yogurt...

Miss H has always gone back and forth on food spurts. While she likes virtually everything, she's human, and prefers some things over others depending on the day, or hour. Or even second.

Yogurt is one of those things she's had a love/hate relationship pretty much since beginning solids. One day she could eat a whole carton of it in a single sitting. The next day you had better not even think about bringing yogurt within ten feet of her.

Well, we're "on" for yogurt currently. I let her pick out her flavor, my only requisite is it has to be full fat yogurt, low-fat or fat-free is not an option. People need the good fats!

So we're in the store the other day, H and me, choosing yogurts. She's all about the single serve cups these days, so her options in flavors have really been widened. She going through each yogurt asking me the flavors.

"Blueberry," I tell her. "Mango, peach, strawberry, vanilla, coffee, maple, honey, chocolate."

She stopped dead in her tracks. She cocked her little head sideways and looked at me. "Did you say chocolate?" she asks.

"Yes," I immediately regret.

"I need all of them!" Pretty much at that moment she reminds me of a blood-thirsty baby vampire.

"How about we just get two. One for you and one for B."

"I need them all," she tells me calmly, matter-of-factly.

"Momma doesn't have money for them all."

She pinches her lips together and stares at me, trying to figure out if I speak the truth, I'm sure.

"Okay," she finally says. "We can get four. Two for me and two for B."

And so we got four. And they were eaten immediately while the blueberry and vanilla ones were shoved into the back of the fridge. She ate those later because there were not other options, but she made her displeasure that they were not chocolate well-known.

And she jumped for joy when she consumed the last one and informed me that we needed "to go to the market right now for chocolate yogurt."

Yeah. Chocolate yogurt was created for clever kids. Kids who like chocolate. Kids who realize that it's just creamy chocolate goodness, and saying it's "healthy" just makes moms like me feel better about the insane amounts that their small children are consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment