Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines balloons

For the past three weeks Miss H has been seeing Valentines Day balloons everywhere.

She loves balloons. Adores them (so does Mr. B).

Naturally, she's asked several times if she could have some. At one point I bought her and Mr. B little tiny ones on sticks. They loved them. I quickly learned they were nothing more than weaponry.

But I told her that I'd get her and B one for Valentines Day.

Well, as today went by, I realized I was not going to make it anywhere without small children since J was deep in the throes of spray spainting vents (which turned out awesome!). So I just decided I'd take them with and let them pick it out while I ventured to pick up a heart shaped pizza. Maybe not as cool, but I promised Valentines balloons and I'm a woman of my word.

So in the car on the way to the store I told H she could pick out her own Valentines balloon.

"Any one I want?" She asked.

"Sure," I answered. "Just remember, you only get one. And B only gets one."

"Okay," she easily agreed.

I should definitely be careful what I agree to.

We walk into the store and there are tons of balloons. Hearts, owls, cupcakes, bumble bees, ice cream cones, you name it. All for Valentines Day.

"I want a heart," she announced immediately.

"What color?" I questioned as there were all the colors under the rainbow.

"Red."

I walked over to a red balloon and proceeded to pick it up.

Miss H shook her head. "Not that one. This one." And she closed in on a red heart balloon that was bigger than herself.

"Don't you want this cute small one?" I tried.

"You said any balloon. I want this one."

I nodded my head. That's what I said. I didn't realize they made life-size balloons though.

"Well, how about we get this one for B then," I said.

"No, Momma. He gets to pick out his own too."

I'm pretty sure I sulked at this point. Mostly because B was at this point enchanted by a frog balloon that said "kiss me" and was bigger than him.

Two balloons and $20 later, I will be sure I know what I'm agreeing to in the future.

At least I have two happy kids and a good excuse not to get them candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment