Monday, March 17, 2014

Warm weather is coming!

The last two weeks we've been getting a wonderful glimmer of warm weather. Staying true to the Midwest Bi-Polarness our 70 degree days have been followed promptly by snow, but whatever. I'll take it. We are getting there.

The kids have been thrilled to get outside. We've spent so much time outside lately I haven't had to pick up the house. You know, because we're not inside enough to mess it up. Awesome!

The past two weeks have been great. I've been all emotional and sappy right now with how much I freaking adore H and B. I've always felt things a bit deeper and more extreme than a lot of people, which is where H obviously gets her big feelings. But I also was told from early on to keep those emotions in check because no one else wants to be privy to them. So it's really hard now for me to express my feelings to most other people.

But oh. my. gosh.

I have two gorgeous, healthy, fantastic little children. I have an amazing husband. Sometimes I think I'm going to burst at the seams with how fortunate I am to have these three amazing people in my life.

I've always been a super family-orientated person, which is kind of a cosmic joke because I have a huge family, and am close to like, three people. Go figure. I have virtually no relationship with the majority of my family, sadly, but it is what it is. So the fact that I have these three incredible people whom mean the world to me is just crazy.

Especially since two of them I gave birth to and the other actually chose to have this awesome relationship with me. I mean, wow. I'm still taken aback some days that I'm a mother and wife. And that thus far I don't seem to be messing up too much, ha.

Saturday J took H out for dinner while B and I went to chik fil a's Mother Son Date Knight, which was incredibly adorable. And it's always fun to spend some one-on-one time with the babes.

And we went hiking that day.

I also got to see my dad this weekend, which tickled the kids pink.

Anyway, I could say a lot more, it'd probably all be corny, but apparently we need to go outside now - coloring is no longer fun. So I will leave with you some pictures.


Digging for worms, of course!



I got big mommy points for buying scented bubbles! And look at those cheeks!




Two thumbs up!

They were looking at insects and I caught a rainbow, apparently!

How is she this big!?


 They found a woodpecker.
Yep, I'm the luckiest. I snagged this charming man!



Melt my heart!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment