Sunday, May 27, 2012

Teething Monster!

Oh, I've heard the stories. Those horror stories! Of teething babies who cry all day and all night and drool rivers and have runny diapers and don't sleep. Yeah...

Miss H was never one of those babies. We never knew she had a tooth until voila! A beautiful little white pearl presented itself. (Except for her molars, she had a mild fever for both her 1 year and 2 year molars, but was still overall "normal.").

Baby B though...wowzers! I mean, he's not to the extreme of some I've heard. I suppose it could always be worse. But compared to Miss H's teething experience, this is a bit nuts. Poor little man has had a fever since yesterday, he's generally a bit cranky and clingy. Hardly slept a wink last night (which means Momma hardly slept a wink last night...). He drools a bit as it is, but this is just soaking. I just feel so bad for him! I even gave him a bit of Advil, but it doesn't seem to do much for his general feeling of miserableness.

Really, it breaks my heart. I can't stand to see my babies in any kind of pain or discomfort. It makes me so sad for him. I hope it passes quickly.

Of course, we're at 9-months-old and this is his first tooth...so we have a lot more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment