Monday, May 28, 2012

Where's the rest of it?

What the flying frak, cowboy!? So I go to the mall today with the intention of buying some shirts that actually fit, instead of these potato sacks I've been wearing that make me look peculiarly like a cow. Just sayin'. But it seems like nearly every shirt in the stores are missing some fabric. Okay, a lot of fabric. Like all of it other than what covers the boobs. Um...

Even if I didn't have two pregnancies under my belt, I wouldn't want to wear these belly shirts, crop tops, whatever you call them. I do have some general day to day modesty. Personally, unless I'm at the beach or pool, I don't want to see anyones belly, no matter how rockin' your abs are! But that's just me. I'm also the crazy who won't let her 2-year-old wear a bikini (but happily rocks one myself!).

So, I ended up with 3 nursing tanks, 2 t-shirts (exact same, but different colors), and a pair of khaki shorts...guess I will try again some other day.

Clothes are hard. I don't want to look like a hooker, which seems to be how many of my age counterparts tend to dress (and that's cool, I'm not judging you!), but I also don't want to look 50. Yes, I'm a mom. But I'm also pretty young. There needs to be a Young-But-Mature-And-Responsible-And-Not-16-Looking-Mom's-Clothing-Store. They can shorten the name though.

No comments:

Post a Comment