Monday, October 1, 2012

My little monster(s)

Miss H is at this amazing age. Sure, there are moments (if we are being honest, typically several in one day) when she drives me crazy, but really, she is just awesome. She is so funny and quirky and comes up with the best things. Constantly she has me laughing until I'm in tears, and she gets baby B going too. It's great.

Today she wanted to wear her ladybug Halloween costume. But shortly after putting it on, she decided she'd rather wear her brother's. She she wore a fuzzy blue, three-eyed monster costume that was a few sizes too small. But she didn't care.

Then she toted around two Build-a-Bears that she calls the names of her "god sisters" and repeatedly kept laughing to me, "I'm soooo crazy! I'm just so crazy, Momma!"

She cracks me up. She makes me smile. She makes me so happy to be a mom. And sometimes, because she is just so awesome, it feels a little surreal. Like, really, how'd I get something, someone (okay, two someones!) so amazing and awesome and simply perfect?

Yep, this is all mush. All rose-goggle mommy-love. All that inexplicable bliss that you have right after having a baby has suddenly re-surfaced the past few days - and I didn't even have to have a baby! I guess mega jet lag does it, too.

So yes, although she may drive me insane - Miss H is the best little monster a momma could ask for (and so is B!).

No comments:

Post a Comment