Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I hate food

I hate food. Hate, hate, hate it!

And I don't mean eating it. I love eating food.

I mean grocery shopping. Cooking. Meal planning.

I hate going into the grocery store and always feeling defeated. I always over or under buy (and then end up having to go again later in the week). I always spend way too much money. And on the rare occasions that I don't feel like I've spent an astronomical amount of money, I stop off at Bfoods to replenish the kids' nut and seed obsession, and I fix that feel-good moment real quick.

I really dislike like meal planning. I don't have a good system down. So then I don't meal plan half the time (okay, most of the time) and end up flying by the seat of my pants, throwing whatever together last minute. Or worse. Ordering take out.

I know that a lot of people have this whole meal planning thing down. I don't. But I know it works. Because other people do it. I just need to figure it out.

And the actual task of cooking.

Agh. I don't enjoy it. At all.

I like "fun cooking." So making cookies with the kids or whatever. But the daily, mundane, monotonous meal cooking. No, siree. Not at all.

If I'm really in the mood, then I can enjoy it. But mostly I don't. Because I'd rather be doing something else. Play with my kids. Reading a book. Folding laundry. Scrubbing a toilet. Pretty much anything other than cooking.

And most "quick" meals don't really mesh with our eating style. So the only quick meal I've come to rely on is chicken legs and sautéed garlic green beans. Which, I admit, we eat a lot. Like, too often. Sometimes more than once a week.

I really try to always have one meat and two veggies. But then we get stuck in ruts. Lots of chicken and green beans/brussel sprouts/broccoli.

And honestly, no one is every complaining, except for me, so I guess it's okay.

But really. I just hate food.

No comments:

Post a Comment