Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sometimes I don't want to kill the bees with honey, I just want to blast them with a blow-torch

I totally believe in that saying "it's easier to kill bees with honey". But I just can't do it. Not when it comes to things that I'm passionate about. It's like I go into all-out attack mode, and I just can't be nice and sweet, even though I realize that people are far more receptacle to listening when you're not attacking them. I just can't do it.

I mean, how in the world can you be sweet and nice to just plain stupidity? I don't think it's in my DNA make-up to do so. I've tried. On rare occasions, I've succeeded.

But I've realized that it's just not me. I mean, of all the things I've ever been accused of being in my entire life, "nice" certainly isn't one of them. And I'm okay with that. The people who know me the best, know that I can be nice.

But I'm a "know-it-all". I get that. I'm that super annoying person who is so full of the most random information and you want to strangle them because you'll say something totally out there and I have a decent comeback or can supply you with an endless barrage of information on something you didn't even know that anyone had ever even heard of before. I get it. I do. It's super annoying.

I tried for a while to be that super sweet, nice to everyone person. And I can do it. I completely can. But I don't like it. I like to be able to say things and not have to censor myself. I enjoy that I have friends who love me for my faults. Who can 100% disagree with me and get into a heated debate, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

I love that I have friends that are the exact opposite of me in every way, even those who parents drastically differently from me, and they can still say, "Wow, you're like a crazy-freak passionate about not leaving your babies to cry it out alone in their cribs. But just because you disagree with what I have chosen, I totally get that you don't have an issue with me, nor are you even judging me for having done it. You just believe that babies should not be left alone to cry and aside from your mommy-instinct, you've done a lot of research that supports your decision. But you also realize that people read the exact same information but come to a different conclusion. I get it. You don't dislike me or have a problem with me, you just find it a slight bit annoying that I don't supposedly "get" it, but that's okay. At the end of day, you'd still walk over hot coals for me and my child, and that's all that matters." Yes. Thank goodness for friends like that! Who just get me.

Because a world without people who can appreciate a bit of heated passion is a sorry one for sure! I'm so glad and thankful for all the lovely friends I have that can happily disagree with me, and not hold my views against me, and also realize that I'm not holding theirs against them. You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment