Saturday, May 4, 2013

H's pinkalicious bedroom

Before Miss H was born I put a lot of time and effort into making her a nursery. I wanted something picturesque, from a magazine photo from Pottery Barn Kids or something.

I never quite got something that awesome, mostly because I was tired and fat and gave up.

But I did get the exact shade of green walls that I wanted, even though there was a different low VOC paint in the exact same color, just a different name and brand, for half the price (at the time, it sure didn't seem like the same color to me! I could tell the difference.)

I bought her bug bedding from PBK, because although I really thought she was a girl, I was trying to psyche myself out for a boy (don't ask why). I figured it was "gender neutral." Ha! I realize now that gender neutral really means boy. Oh, well.

She never slept in there anyway. She went in a few spurts where she did, because she was our guinea pig baby and I really did a number on her. But for the most part, the "nursery" went unused.

Then B came along and they "shared" a room. So she never had a "girly" room.

Until now.

Boy, oh, boy!

J and I told her she could paint it any color she wanted. She chose pink. Like really, really pink. She called it "pinkalicious pink." And she's dead on.

We hung a few things in her room that were in her old room, but we also let her pick out some new things. I'll note everything with the pictures.

Her room is still a work in progress. J literally took it down to the studs while we were in Pennsylvania, replaced the bedroom and closet doors, etc. So the doors aren't painted quite yet, and he's putting hardware on them right now as I type this.

Again, ignore the horrid lighting. I have a knack for taking pictures in the evening. Go figure.

This is from standing in the doorway. Her closet door is to my immediate right. The bed my little sister slept in as little girl and I used while I was in college. The quilt is not what's staying on there. I'm in the process of making her a comforter with the same fabric as her chair to the right, per her request. The flower light is from Ikea. So is the side table. It used to be in the guest room to hold the TV. That's her 3 month old mug shot up there. The chair was a $10 Craigslist steal that I re-upholstered. H really wanted pink curtains too, but luckily we were able to sway her with that one.


The bicycle decal she picked out at Joann's.  And the bird picture she chose from Hobby Lobby. They were awesome steals, so I was all for it. She has some eclectic decorating choices, but whatever makes her happy and isn't peace signs and smiley faces (those were vetoed).


I was laying on her bed for this photo. The pink on pink on pink ballet picture is a Hobby Lobby steal, too. The doll house she got a few Christmases ago from her Grandpa J. That awesome baby cradle my paternal Grandpa made for me when I was a little girl. It's one of the very few sentimental things I own.

I shall admit I totally salvaged that mirror out of a dumpster when J and I first got together. It was brand new. The super cute butterflies are from Etsy, and were a birthday gift from my momma for Miss H.


That dresser is the only original "nursery furniture" from H's first room. The crib/bed is wrapped up in storage and the other dresser is in my younger sister's room at the moment. That painting J and I bought in Paris (the same trip we got engaged!). And the cute lamp is Pottery Barn Kids (I really love that store, if it isn't obvious).

 

 This is the closet door - needs painted! Hung up beside it is her gifted cross from her baptism and a super cute bow holder one of my good friends made for her (the bows have yet to be put on it).


So there you have it. An outrageously pinkalicious bedroom. But she happily sleeps in it, so it's more than worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment