Thursday, April 18, 2013

I love Pinterest, though it may not love me.

I have an addiction to Pinterest.

It's not quite 6 am and I threw in the towel at 430am that I'm not going back to sleep after the last time B woke up. So I've been laying in bed perusing Pinterest.

I've gotten so many brilliant kid activity ideas from that sight.

I have a slew of DIY projects for this spring/summer, which mostly includes, but is not limited to painting pretty much all the furniture in our house. J is overjoyed about this (read sarcasm here). I mean, I had this brilliant idea to paint our downstairs bathroom which is all of 2 ft by 2 ft and add shelves and guess who spent one whole Sunday doing my project?

Well, the kids aren't going to entertain and feed themselves. And although J would love them all day, they're kind of tied to their momma. And I don't quite yet trust them with any paint that doesn't say "washable" on it.

J had a lot of fun painting the bathroom and putting up shelves. He may not admit it, but he did.

Trust me.

Which is why he's thrilled with all my lined up projects.

And then there are the recipes. I've pinned like a million. The best part is I keep pinning all these recipes that look delicious, but they have all these ingredients that we either don't eat or eat substitutions of.

I mean, creamy asparagus maccoroni and cheese! Yum! Only omit the maccoroni. And the cheese. Sauté the asparagus with olive oil and garlic because that's how the kids like it. Add some grilled chicken. Maybe a small side of gluten-free angel hair with avocado oil and salt. And wham! We've got creamy asparagus maccoroni and cheese, courtesy of Pinterest. A totally change up from the typical veggies and chicken we eat.

But I did say we get a lot of kid activities off Pinteresr, right?

We do. We really, really do.

They have some really awesome ideas. Typically of which involve glue. And glitter and scissors and blow torches and boiling water. So I tell the kids we are doing this fun new craft and pull out an unopened box of crayons or fresh set of paints.

Paints. I did make my own finger paints once courtesy of Pinterest. But their was boiling water involved. H cried a lot. Although the paint managed to turn her completely red it only painted clear on the paper. It was clearly a full proof recipe.

We make our own play dough. That counts for something right?

I love Pinterest. I really and truly do. I use it nearly daily.

And honestly, if it weren't for Pinterest I wouldn't have fabulous hairstyles and a mad work-out regime. I wouldn't be on a great schedule for cleaning my house and every single thing in my house wouldn't be organized down to the dust.

Oh wait. I haven't managed that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment