Thursday, April 4, 2013

Toy rotation fail

Right after Christmas I decided to set up a toy rotational system in the kids play room because there was just so much. Truth is, there is still too much in there. But I was trying to find out what worked for us.

Well, I put all the other toys in nice bins and what not in the closet with the intent to rotate things like puzzles, etc., weekly.

I've read a lot about people doing this with great success. It kept things new and fresh for the kids so they didn't get bored, and they got to fully utilize all of their toys.

Well, when I was digging in the closet this past week I for Easter baskets I realized that I'd yet to rotate their toys. Not even once.

Epic fail.

So now I've got to come up with a better system, because they have some seriously awesome things that I'd like for them to utilize. Fun, but educational toys.

Although I deeply believe in play through learning and all that jazz, I'd like them to still use the kick-ass educational things they own. And they do. And they love them. But obviously sitting in a closet un-rotated isn't doing anyone any good.

So now I'm off to figure out a better system.

What happened to the good ol' days of sticks and rocks as toys? No rotation necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment