Monday, March 25, 2013

An Easter Egg Hunt, A Circus, And Snow, Oh my!

Saturday morning started out awesome as I received the files to my sweet babes Easter photos. And really, what's better than adorable pictures of your kiddos?

J and I took the kids to an Easter Egg Hunt at our YMCA. Some people are intense! The dad standing next to us while waiting was coaching his 4 year old on how when they blow the whistle he must, run, run, run! He must collect the eggs, more than all the other kids. Rah, rah, rah! J and I were just dying with hysterics. Seriously, who coaches a 4 year old on Easter egg hunting!?

The hunt was divided up and H and B were a part of the 4 and under hunt. When they blew the whistle H was on a mission to only collect purple eggs. J advised her that she may want to gather other colors, but he didn't force her to do so, which made me pleased. B was funny in that he'd walk over to an egg, ask me to pick it up and hand it to him, then he'd put it in his bucket. But for some strange reason he absolutely would not pick it up off of the ground, he simply insisted I do that part for him.

When the race was over and the kids opened eggs J took all the tiny erasers and hid them away and H, without missing a beat, handed me certain candies, saying, "This is food colorings." But there were lots of tootsie rolls and chocolates and "water stickers" (I will go as long as possible without my children knowing that "water stickers" are also tattoos and people put them on their bodies. For some terribly OCD reason fake tattoos freak me the heck out!). They loved doing it all so much they had J and I put their empty eggs back on the ground so they could hunt them again before we turned the empty eggs back in to be recycled for next year.

That afternoon we ventured to a circus with Grandpa J. The kids loved it, most especially B. He was entranced, dancing and clapping and wildly thrilled.

As a kid, I loved circuses. Adored them. As an adult it really rubbed me wrong. I'm not an animal lover by any means, and yet I felt very sorry for those animals and what they must endure.

Sunday was a "lazy day." J painted the bathroom, as I had purchased paint on Thursday. Sometimes a little cheap re-furb is necessary. J hates to change paint colors. He likes to have one color and keep it forever. Seriously. And he only like bright and happy colors. So going from a cucumber green to a gray was not his cup o' joe, to say the least. But we'll paint the mirror frame coral and add some coral shelves and voila! New bathroom.

H and I journeyed to the store to finish getting birthday things for next weekend (how can she almost be three!? How can I have a three year old!?). She picked out pinata prizes and candies - snakes, bouncy balls, and mini skateboards. And this from the girl who insists on a ballerina party! She makes me smile.

And then H was out like a light at 7pm while B decided to be a wild man and monkey around hard until 9pm, which for him, is late. He typically fall asleep before his sister.

And we ended the night with a blanket of snow outside. It's spring, they say. We're suffering from global warming, they say. Well, I say, come to Indiana and we can discuss those things. ;-)

Per usual, weekends are awesome. Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment