Friday, March 8, 2013

Kids put a new spin on running errands.

I only had about a million and two things to do today to get things ready and wrapped up before the babes and I (and Duckie too!) set off for frigid Minnesota territory tomorrow. You could safely tattoo "completely insane" on my forehead at this point - J is staying home so I'm making this 12 hour one-way trip solo. With two toddlers. And a newborn pig. Crazy.

Anyway, before kids I could have accomplished this all in about an hour. Now we were 6 hours into it and still hadnt managed to get our shoes on. Go figure.

We managed to run into Target for one thing..,two cake pops, a caramel macchiato, and a cart full of shit we surely don't need, we finally manage to leave and head to the grocery store to stock up on car snacks. We only buy a billion different type of crackers and too many Lara Bars. Then the kids insist they need new sippy cups. I'm seriously starting to think they have a sippy cup addiction at this point. And I loathe sippy cups. But I agree because I've all ready diverted the potential helium balloons my down by assuring them that Grandpa S really wants to take them to get balloons and we can't take that fun from him. We still have to get the oil changed and a tune up on the car, I need them happy a while longer yet.

I'm pretty sure the car dealership that does maintenance on my car will be talking about my kids for years to come. For some reason my dear H found it hysterical to run up to each man working there are squeal, "Oh, hi, Dada!" while pointing at him so that he couldn't be mistaken that she was indeed talking to him. Their faces turned beet red while they stuttered,  "Uh...uh...I don't think so." And my immediate thought is, "you should flat out be saying no, dumb ass!"

Since they found it necessary to take an hour to change the oil H entertained everyone in the waiting room with her theatrics. "Look at me!" She'd demand, and then proceed to sing a made up song and put on a dance show for them.

Oh, and god forbid someone didn't give her their full attention. She'd walk up until she was uncomfortably in their personal space and say,  "Hey, watch me!"

You'd think after all this they'd have at least partaken in a nap today. But no. We're outside playing in mud and snow (and yes, I can blog while doing that!).

Errands were so much simpler, often cheaper, and less hilarious before kids to say the least,

No comments:

Post a Comment