Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter and a Birthday

Today is Easter!

Today H is 3!

What a day to celebrate life.

H and B found their Easter baskets no problem this morning and dragged them into the bedroom and proceeded to happily shuffle through them while J sang H a Spanish birthday song and I held back tears at what a big, lovely girl she is growing into.

3.

She's no longer a toddler.

Not a baby.

She's 3.

J made her chocolate chip pancakes and we presented her with a double stroller for her Bitty Twins, which she and B both think is amazing.

My sister C, mom, her boyfriend G, and my maternal grandparents came over for lunch to celebrate H's magnificent 3 years of life, as well as Easter, the day our Christ has risen.

H and B were both on serious madmen sugar highs. B tripped and gave the goose egg on his forehead a goose egg. That's special talent.

They went Easter Egg hunting in the backyard and H generously filled B's sparse basket with her full basket, totally unprompted.

She sang songs and colored and was a perfect little joy while B hammed it up per usual throughout the day.

B received a fedora hat (and a page boy hat) in his Easter basket from his Grandma J, which he is obsessed with. The boy has a hat obsession.

I nursed H for the first time as a 3 year old.

It's strange. I never set out to breastfeed a 3 year old. In fact, it was something I never even imagined while I was pregnant with her, or even those first few months after she was born. And yet here we are, still going. And some days it drives me crazy, but mostly, especially on the days when I feel like she's growing so fast and so independent, it makes me thankful I haven't forcefully weaned her. Yet. I can't say I never will, but we'll see. I hope to let her go until she self weans.

The babes took long naps while I visited with my own momma and little sister and they went to bed this evening without a hitch. When J and I told H "Happy Birthday" for the last time she responded with "Thank you."

Truly, we are blessed.








No comments:

Post a Comment