Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 21 of Thankfulness

I am thankful for my utter lack of fear.

My lack of fear to travel the world; sometimes with people I hardly know or even by myself. My lack of fear to listen to my heart when I know my head is more practical. My lack of fear to parent my children kindly and gently even when it goes against everything I've been taught and all I know from others. My lack of fear to say "yes" and change my life in the most incredible of ways. My lack of fear to try anything once. My lack of fear to pee in seemingly deserted places, only to flash a train full of people. My lack of fear to ask questions. And then to ask even more. My lack of fear to say "no" and refuse to please people. My lack of fear to give burth naturally in my home. My lack of fear to lick ancient Roman ruins.

You get nowhere worthwhile in life being afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment