Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Passionate about....

I always hated when you had to tell people your interests, or more specifically, your passions while in grade school. Mainly because I never really had any. Other than maybe writing, but that always seemed too dorky to admit. But it seems I was destined for dorkiness (my phone auto corrected dorkiness to surliness...it's probably a sign...).

Because now I would say I am pretty damn passionate about parenting. And most would say that's incredibly dorky. I mean, how can you be passionate about something that seemingly everyone does?

But I am.

And maybe that makes sense. Why there was never a career I could see myself doing for the rest of my life.

I know a lot of people can have a career and be a steller parent at the same time.

I'm just not one if those people. I'm a perfectionist. I have to do everything 200%. There is not enough me, time, or energy, to do both.

But I can at least do one thing and do it awesomely. And for me, that's being a parent. It's my "career" and though I didn't even know it was what I was truly passionate about until it fell into my lap, I am.

I love my job. I'm passionate about my job.

I fucking rock at my job.

And that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment