Saturday, November 10, 2012

Momma's not ready for seperation

Yesterday I left my house at 6:45am. I didn't return until 4:45pm.

Never again.

At least not in the near future.

Don't get me wrong, the first 5 hours were pretty nice. I listened to the kiddos favorite song for 30 minutes in the car before I realized that I didn't have to - they were home with J. Miss H called about every 20 mins for the first hours having Mommy withdraw. Of course, she moved on and stopped calling about the time Momma started having baby withdraw.

So since I was all ready shopping with my Grandma, Christmas shopping specifically, I started shopping for the babes. And the more I missed them the more I bought.

So yeah...not a good idea.

But at least it kind of killed my honeymoon fantasy of J and I having a vacation together without the kiddos at some point in life.

Clearly that can't happen.

I mean, I left them with the one person I trust them with as much, if not more than, myself. Their papa.

And I still missed them. Terribly.

So it was nice to get away and spend some time with my Grandma, who I haven't really had the opportunity to spend any quality time with since before I lived in England. So it was long overdue. But my time away for that long of a time period won't happen again in the near future.

That's for sure.

But 2-3 hours away, that's cool. Now if only it could be managed where I get that "break" AND J is with me so we get to spend some time together.

Eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment