Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I must admit, I love Mr. Clean

Magic erasers, that is.

I clean everything in my house with baking soda and vinegar, typically with lavender EO to make it smell yummier.

There are many reasons I clean this way. 1.) It is cheaper. 2.) No toxic chemicals. 3.) If a babe eats it, it might taste nasty but won’t hurt them. 4.) It is more effective than most cleaners I’ve ever used. 5.) I can’t stand that “fake clean” smell most cleaners have.

But mostly just because it’s cheap.

And I clean a lot. Like a lot a lot.

I’m a clean freak.

Messes are cool. You’ll find clothes, toys, books, and general clutter all over my house on any given day. Whatever, it is what it is.

But you’ll be hard pressed to find dust. Even on my baseboards. For real.

I clean my bathrooms a minimum of every other day. Because of this, it’s usually just a quick wipe down because they don’t get very dirty when cleaned that often. And bathrooms are my biggest clean peeve. Mostly, dirty bathrooms freak me out.

Not because of germs. I’m not a germaphobe in a long shot. Just because the idea of being able to see dirt somewhere that is made to clean yourself freak me out.

But the bathtub.

Oh, the bathtub.

This is why I love Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. There is one that lives at the top of my shower at all times. It’s more convenient this way. Since I typically wash the kids with CO, the tub gets a grimy look/feel pretty quickly. So I try to wipe it out every time I shower, though if I’m in a hurry it doesn’t always happen. And the Magic Erasers do the best job in a hurry, while I’m still taking a shower, and are the most convenient.

I won’t let my kids touch them though. I don’t know what the hell is in them. And they always make my hands itchy. So I know it’s probably nothing great.

But they do the job. So I love them.

A lot, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment