Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I want to give them all an award

Seriously.

I do not say this sarcastically, coyly, or facetiously. I mean it truly and genuinely.

I want to give all the moms dropping their babes off at H's play school an award.

They always look so put together. I know looks can be deceiving. So their nicely done hair, faces full if make up, and nice clean clutches could possibly be an illusion. A damn good illusion.

But I can't even pull off the illusion.

By the time I have to get H to school, we've been awake for a maximum if 3 hours, though often closer to 2 (yay!).

After I've been abruptly woken from a sleep if sorts, I immediately have two toddlers crawling all over me, jumping in my stomach, standing on my face, tugging my shirt up or down, determined to attach themselves to me. I finally drag us out of bed, trudge into their room to bring clean clothes downstairs. I always have the brilliant plan to take everything we need down with me, so I don't have to go up and down all morning. It never works.

I change diapers, throw diaper laundry from the night before into the dryer, and start on breakfast. By the time I've corralled kids into their seats with green smoothies and a hot meal waiting for them, I am left with messes to clean up. B manages to wash the bathroom with toilet paper and toilet water. A few toys gave gone swimming in the potty. He's knocked every single book off the book shelf.

While helping me prepare breakfast H has dumped hemp seeds all over the counter. There is cashew butter smeared on the cabinets. By the time I return to them, they are done eating and my breakfast is left untouched (and J doesn't understand how easy it is to NOT eat all day). So I scrub them down, covered in smoothie, cashew butter in their hair. Once they are clean and dressed I return to clean up their breakfast mess.

Once I'm through with that and so close to taking my first bite of food H us asking me to play tea party with her and B us wanting a boob. So I sit down to oblige them both. When B us finally done, H insists she's hungry again so then they both end up with bananas. And the bananas end up all over them and my house.

Clean up again.

At that point I realize we have 20 minutes before school.

There us still a lot left to do.

I tell them it's time to brush their teeth and they dart to the bathroom. Before u bake it in behind them I hear H's shrill scream and "that's mine!!!" Followed by B's "no, no, no!" After I have swapped toothbrushes and they are with they're rightful owners the brushing if the teeth can begin.

Then we need shoes. And although I always make sure their shoes are in the basket the night before, they never are come the time we need them due to a certain little boys love for shoes. So then I'm on a hunt fir the purple shoes because the pink ones just won't do. And for kids who each have three, yes, three, winter jackets it never fails that we can't even find one.

By the time they've decided what toys must walk to school with us and are finally loaded into the stroller, we are close with time as it is.

I'm still in my leggings and t-shirt I slept in. Unbathed. Hair not brushed. If they are lucky I have managed to pull it into a pony tail, but even that us half assed due to the length. I obviously have no make up.

So seriously, give these seemingly put together women an award. I don't know how they do it and u think they're incredible.

And if we are being honest, oftentimes I haven't gotten a shower or clean clothes before its time to pick her up 2.5 hours later.

I want to give this momma a a genuine award. They are steller!

No comments:

Post a Comment