Friday, December 7, 2012

Cuddle Bear

B is such a cuddle bear. He is this amazing bundle of love that I could have never predicted.

He gives kisses all. the. time.

He’ll be walking around the house and just stop and come kiss my legs, or pull me down so he can kiss my lips. If I’m carrying him while running errands, he seems to douse me with kisses every few minutes.

When he nurses he’ll pop off, often, and kiss my lips and go back to nursing. When he’s falling asleep he’ll nuzzle close to my chest or face, and kiss me until he’s in slumber land.

He kisses J and H too. Just as much.

He gives hugs too. And he cuddles. Oh, the cuddles! He will put his chubby little arms out for me to scoop him up, and then he’ll just lay his head in the curve of my neck and cuddle, cuddle, cuddle.

Even if he is busy doing his own thing, he is totally cool with me just scooping him up and cuddling on him all I need.

He’s so much love that it just permeates him and leaks onto everything he comes near.

H isn’t a cuddle bear, so this is a fantastic change of pace. Yes, she’s affectionate. Very. But on her own terms.

It seems so crazy now, to think that there was a time when I held a newborn B and legitimately questioned if I would know how to love him “right.” How could I not love B? How could anyone not love him? He’s just so loveable!

Pretty much B makes this parenting thing incredibly easy. I’m sure he’ll have his moments some day, but maybe not. Maybe we’ll avoid some of the issues that H and I had because I know how to do things better. I won’t be working against him or doing to him, I’ll being working with him and doing with him.

So maybe he’ll stay a little cuddle bear forever. At least my sweet, precious, perfect cuddle bear.

Is that sappy enough for ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment