Friday, December 28, 2012

"That means he loves me!"

Siblings are funny. That ridiculous love/hate relationship that they have.

One second H and B have me on the verge of a breakdown with their constant bickering and then the next my heart is utterly melting because they are so freaking sweet to each other.

Seriously, H is screaming at B for touching a toy and then two seconds later she riding the rocking turtle, prompting B to "Oh, be so careful! Watch your footsies, love!" so she doesn't accidentally hurt him if he gets too close.

The best melt my heart moment though came this morning when H ran into the kitchen where I was making them breakfast and squealed, "Mommy, mommy! B loves me! I said, 'I so love you' and then he said, 'I wuv oo!'. And that means he loves me!" The look of absolute ecstasy on her face can never be duplicated.

I've seen her excited about a lot of things. Books at Christmas. Fruit leather. But it doesn't compare to this morning.

So although I might lose my mind while they're figuring out their friendship and how to get along (and B is admittedly so freaking aggressive, I'm not sure he's my child), it will be worth it for those moments like this morning when their love for one another outshines all the whines and cries.

No comments:

Post a Comment