Saturday, December 22, 2012

Theatre babies

J and I  are theatre people, as in, we love going (and maybe once upon a time I really loved being a part of it too!). So our kids never stood a chance.

The first production we went to see after having H, we had sitters (yea, multiple, we were paranoid). She slept the whole time we were gone, and I'd go again without my kids for the right show, but since then, we've been dragging them along.

I remember last Christmas people were in awe with our 21-month old girl who sat through the whole production of Annie without disrupting. And they were equally in awe Friday when both kids did the same at the Wizard of Oz.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the movie since I was 6, and if I had, it probably wouldn't have been my show of choice with babes. Though all the "scary" parts were toned down greatly, complete with the flying monkeys being jitter bugs who danced Dorothy and co into exhaustion.

Afterwards, H asked for more, and then loudly proclaimed, "I can do that!"

Yep, she's mine.

I've produced at least one theatre baby. But the way B got his boogie on, I'm thinking probably two.

No comments:

Post a Comment