Sunday, January 13, 2013

Captain Destruct-O melts my heart.

This week Mr. B has been Captain Destruct-O. He's removed the letters off the keyboard to my laptop - and not in a just pop them back on type of way. A few glasses and bowls have perished. And then my blender, my most essential kitchen item that I use every single day, that is fairly heavy and I never even dreamed he could lift, he threw off the counter and it shattered into 100s of pieces.

He thought it was absolutely fantastic!

I was super nice and calm about and it just swept it up (I mean, I'm the one who put him on the counter), but admittedly was less than impressed.

After a week of extreme clean-up because he just destroys everything, I was spent.

Then I got onto my computer to continue organizing my photos while B slept on my lap and H helped J prepare seeds for planting, and my heart just melted at what I saw.

A tiny B fresh out of the womb lying across my chest. Only a few hours old and his sister helping him to defiantly give the bird to the world (and I only just noticed this today!). Him sitting in his bumbo, bald, his ears sticking out of his head while we put up his first Christmas tree.

And sweet Jesus, he's perfect. He is my biggest surprise. My best surprise. Such a sweet, loving, curious little boy. He makes my heart stop. He's making me prematurely gray. He makes me laugh until I cry. He makes my heart swell so big with love I think it might explode.

Sometimes I am so overwhelmed by how much I love him (and H, too, of course!). I'm usually awesome with words, and the fact that I can look at him and be at an absolute loss for words, speaks volumes.

I fantasized about having a little girl my entire life. But I never once imagined what it would be like to have a boy. And I never could have imagined it to be so awesome.

So destroy away, my sweet treasure. You are only little once. You only get to learn these things once. And I only get to keep you here as mine for such a short amount of time before you are off on your own in this great big world. So even if I have to buy a new blinder, I will do it with a smile on my face.

Because I was blessed with you, sweet B. And there are no words to explain the awesomeness of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment