Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mod Podge is made by the devil himself

So I finally bought some Mod Podge because I have like a million DIY project pinned and figured, you know, I should actually do some of them.

I bought some canvases to make this wedding song lyric thing (great explanation, right?). And while I was browsing through canvas I kept thinking, "This would probably work better and be easier on wood." But since I've never done a anything involving Mod Podge, I figured my own input was worth nil. And because I'm cheap, and canvas is waaaay cheaper than wood, I went with it.

Um, it worked. I'll hang the finished product in my room. I think.

But holy cow! Mod Podge is made by devil.

There are like 10 different kinds to choose from. And I swear they are all the exact same thing. So I have no idea how you choose. I just ended up picking randomly and blindly.

There are all different sized bottles. Which now having used it, seems like a joke. What could you even do with the small bottle? Attach thumbnail picture to a quarter-sized magnet? Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

That's probably it.

Also, it's glue. Which annoys me. I swear it's just Elmer's glue in a round bottle with a Mod Podge label. I wouldn't be surprised. At all.

Canvas isn't flat. I mean, it is, but it isn't. It's not solid flat. Like would would be. So the paper ends up with bubbles in it no matter how many times you pulls it up and re-flatten it. I finally just had to accept it would be less than perfect. That is not an easy feat for me.

And because Mod Podge is just like Elmer's glue, my kids want to eat. Because it's glue. And something about glue makes kids hungry.

Needless to say, I'm less than impressed with Mod Podge. Don't get me wrong, now that I have it I'll have to at least try the other 12321 projects I have pinned, because I don't have a good reason not to.

And other people seem to have had great success with it. My little sister made us awesome ornaments of the kids using it. My friend B made us the best tea light vases with pictures of the kids that are so cute they are to die for! So others can definitely figure out.

Maybe it's all just user error.

Either way, Mod Podge is over-priced Elmer's glue made by the devil.

And all the people on Pinterest using it canvas probably never actually tried it. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment