Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"I'll love you forever"

Miss H is really into the book "Love you forever" right now. Like, we read it 123049729837x a day. And that's not quite enough. She has it memorized word for word and is quick to correct me if I get jumbled up after reading it a bazillion times.

Well, H doesn't nap anymore. On the rare occasion she may, but we've been going napless for almost a solid year now. And most days it's okay. But I always have her lay down in her bed while I get B to sleep. Then I go back to her. If she's asleep, I let her be. If she's almost asleep, I just lay down with her until she's out. And, most days, she's still wide awake so then I tell her she can come back downstairs and play quietly while Mommy does chores (or blogs...).

Today when I took her up to her room she said, "Momma, I need you to rock me just like the baby. And sing me the song." So we sat on her bed while B found destructive things to entertain himself and I rocked her just like I did when she was oh-so tiny, singing "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as you're living my baby you'll be." When I laid her down with her head upon her pillow she looked at me and said, "As long as your living my Momma you'll be." I kissed her nose and she told me, "I'll love you for always because you're my hero."

She tells me I'm her hero a lot. But today it melted my heart just that much more.

In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I freaking love my job. I love being a mom. And I love those two tiny blessings more than anything else in this galaxy.

1 comment: