Friday, June 15, 2012

Baby B's name just isn't as cool as Miss H's

Let's face it, it just isn't. At least not in my opinion.

Miss H's name is beautiful and spunky, just like her. It expresses a passion of mine and tells a simple love story that is J and I. It took immense amount of thought and time to come up with.

Baby B's...well, his first name is his great grandfather's on his papa's side. A man I never knew, which alone makes me a bit uncomfortable. What if he wasn't the kind of man I'd want to name my son after? Albeit, it's an uncommon U.S. name, so it gets tons of points for that, but most people absolutely butcher it, so I often prefer people to call him by his shortened nickname. And I do love the nickname.

His first middle name is my dad's middle name. Nothing wrong with that at all, except I really hate the idea of naming kids after family/friends. It's like taking a piece of their identity away, you know? But at the end of the day I have no one to blame but the flabbergasted woman who gave birth to a boy when she was certain he was a girl...yeah, that'd be me.

And his second middle name is the name of a great man in one of my favorite novels. If he grew up to be like him, I'd be okay with that.

So although I like his name, it's no where near as "cool" as H's. I kind of feel bad for that, but really, Miss H just has a kick-ass name. We knew we couldn't give another kid a name quite as great. But baby B's name is pretty great, in it's own way. And I'm sure the older he gets the more I'll appreciate it, and the story of how it came to be (I mean, seriously, I was 100% sure without a doubt he was GIRL!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment