Monday, June 11, 2012

"Open it for you"

Pretty much my kids are amazing. I say this every day.

The three of us, baby B, Miss H, and I, were laying in bed. They'd woken up and were just regrouping before actually getting up. Well, baby B crawls over me and picks up Miss H's sippy cup.

She looks at him and says, "That's miiiiiine!"

But she doesn't move for it. Then after a second of watching him struggle with the cup, as the lid was closed, she says, "Open it for you. Open it for you. Momma, open it for him?"

"Yes," I tell her. "You may open it for him."

So she does, and then holds the cup for him to drink from it until he takes it back in his hands.

"Sharing," Miss H says. "Very good sharing."

"That was good sharing," I tell her.

"My turn," she says to baby B, directing the straw to her mouth. "Okay, your turn!" and she gives it back to him.

Yeah...that's good sharing. And I've never forced her to share anything in her life. So at least I know that the countless times I've said things like, "Does your brother look happy that you won't share that with him?" or "Little Sally has a sad face because you won't share that toy with her" has actually paid off. She "gets" sharing...and did so happily!

No comments:

Post a Comment