Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I am humbled

It's a little crazy. I started this blog at the prompting of a dear, sweet, pregnant friend of mine. She was asking me, nearly hourly, all kinds of questions about pregnancy, birth, newborns, toddlers. Pretty much everything I have experience with thus far (go figure). She'd ask random things, insightful things, sometimes even things I hadn't even yet thought of. Sometimes, quite frankly, it was exhausting (and I know she is only laughing at this, because it's true!). Finally, after she said for the umpteenth time that I should just start a blog so I can write down whatever comes to my mind about parenting or pregnancy or whatever, and she can read it at her leisure, I finally agreed. Because when I ask others for advice, I'm sure it's annoying, but I'm greatly happy that they oblige me and take time out of their busy lives to shoot me a text back or answer an email.

To be honest, it's become crazy therapeutic for me. Can you tell by how many posts I've all ready accumulated? But, when the babes are napping and I have to sit and hold baby B, or after they're in bed, then I've got the time. So I'm sure some of them are a bit jumbled due to typing with one hand and never proof-reading because someone wakes up before I remember to do it. Oh, well.

But I'm truly humbled by what has transpired since I have began this blog. I've gotten over 30 emails from people, both male and female, some who I know, some who I do not, telling me that they agree with xyz, or they never thought of xyz before, or thanks for taking the words right out of their mouths.

Who'd have thought that the ramblings of a crazy girl could actually mean anything to anyone, right? Or that anyone would even bother to read them? I'm certainly not complaining, but it is not what I was expecting at all. I'm very used to marching to my own drum, so realizing that there are others marching to it, even if quieted in the shadows, is nice.

But, I should get back to cleaning the house. Hurricane H has struck massively today as I spent most of it walking in circles with baby B who is pissed off at the world because he's getting more teeth. But he did take some time off from screaming to discover that he can take five whole steps without stumbling. And he's getting pretty good at it.

So just wait for the post about two toddlers running in different directions and how I take J's advice and push one down while chasing after the other. Kidding. I'm totally kidding. I'd never push my kid down. Trip them, on the other hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment