Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yes, I actually enjoy mowing the lawn

Call me crazy, but I do. It's pretty much the only "me time" I get. Since having Miss H I haven't so much as gotten to take a shower or use the bathroom by myself. And that's okay. I knew what I was signing up for. And besides, pooping in privacy is totally overrated.

It never seems to fail that whenever I'm mowing the lawn, someone stops to ask me if I'd like some help. Now, I suppose I should be grateful that I live in a really awesome neighborhood where the people I rarely ever speak to are nice enough to offer to mow my lawn (some for a fee, of course...) but really, it annoys the hell out of me.

I'm totally competent and can mow a freaking lawn. Yes, there were times when J was on travel before baby B was born, and I'd be wearing Miss H and mowing with the motor -ess push mower, and I can kind of understand the offer. I'm sure I looked a bit ridiculous wearing a baby and mowing the lawn in flip flops (sue me, you will NOT get tennis shoes on my feet unless I'm working out. Period.). And during those times, I guess I'll give all the nice people some slack and not be too annoyed.

But otherwise, I'm mowing the lawn. I can do it on my own, although it may be surprising (thought I don't know why!). It's the only time I get to really think without worrying about anything else. It's fun. It's relaxing. It gives me some "me time."

And really, if I'm not going to be allowed to shower in peace, please let me mow my lawn in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment