Monday, June 25, 2012

She can write "t"!

I've been working letters with Miss H. Her being able to see the letter and know the sound it makes. Everything I've read says to teach the sound, not the letter's name, so that it's easier to learn to read. That makes sense to me, so that's what we're doing.

I've been teaching her with some homemade cards and glitter glue until I take the time to order her the sandpaper letters I really want (which I could easily be doing right now...). Anyway, we've only been doing this for a little over a week, but she knows "t", "m", "h", "i", and is about 60/40 on "a". But I'm impressed enough.

I haven't even tried to teach her to write them. I just want her to learn the sounds they make first. Well, she was on the floor yesterday with J, playing with her magnadoodle, and starts loudly squealing "tuh! tuh! tuh!" We both look down, and sure enough, she had written the letter "t" all on her own!

I'm likely easily impressed, and I'm okay with that. Because she absolutely blew my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment